Walk for Choice March 2011 is still happening -
In case you were wondering, I know it’s a little short notice, but it’s still on.
Click the link, invite your friends, RSVP, share on your wall, reblog, and get the word out. We don’t have much time, so LET’S WORK.
DOWNTOWN LA. Be there.
Your feminist rhetoric can suck my balls.
This is a thing? You’re trying to argue this? For real?
The “pro-life” political movement has attempted pass an alarming number of anti-uterus and anti-people in general legislation:
- Forcing authorities to investigate all miscarriages and even persecuting the women who have them on the basis that they may have attempted fetal murder. [PDF]
- Turning the term “Rape Victim” into “Rape Accuser”, same goes with victims of Domestic Violence.
- Trying to redefine rape all together.
- Making the murder of abortion providers legal.
- Attempts to defund Planned Parenthood. Getting rid of Planned Parenthood doesn’t really helps babies either, or even lower the abortion rates.
- Increasing the price of a preterm labor drug in order to give one company a monopoly. (Hey, what do you know, this hurts the “baby” just as much as it hurts the person pregnant with it!).
Here’s another list full of other various “pro-life” initiatives hurting women.
- There was a woman who was jailed for thinking about abortion.
- Parental consent laws on abortion- set in place by the pro-life movement- motivated this victim to DIY abort.
- This woman was jailed for miscarrying.
- This Hospital was threatened by the church after preforming a life saving abortion.
- Some hospitals won’t preform life saving abortions at all.
- Even the Pope doesn’t want your life to be saved if abortion is involved.
- This woman was confined to a bed against her will in order to prevent her from miscarrying- which miscarried anyway.
- This woman was separated from her child because she wouldn’t pre-authorize a cesarean.
- This woman was forced to gestate a pregnancy that was going to result in a still birth.
- This woman was mocked for wanting to abort a pregnancy that was going to result in a still birth.
- Pro-Life legislature caused the death of Rosie Jimenez, Ruth Friedl, Clara Duvall, Pauline Shirley, Vivian Campbell, Geraldine Santoro, and Becky Bell. And those are only the confirmed deaths.
- And let’s not forget around 70,000 women die each year around the world from illegal abortions. Just in case you’re curious, the fetus dies with them.
Wow, look at that. Can you just look at that? Those are just some of the attacks the “pro-life” movement has made on people, not just women, people. You also forget OP that 61% of the people who get abortions have babies- one or more[PDF]! You don’t even have to be in favour of abortion to be pro-choice, you just have to recognize it’s not you’re right to say what other people do with their bodies.
I give you the challenge, name one baby that was harmed by abortion. Not a fetus, not an embryo, a baby- which as you obviously don’t know is defined as a human person between the moment of birth to eleven months. We do not call children born fetuses, so stop referring to a gestating fetus as a child.
Hey, can I play?!
How about that baby that was crushed to death during an abortion?!
OH wait no that wasn’t during an abortion!
That was when a woman’s amniotic sack broke early, causing the fetus to no longer have a cushion and be CRUSHED BY THE MOTHER’S UTERUS and she was denied an abortion because pro-life legislation in her state forbid abortions at the week she was in because they thinking that fetus can feel pain at that stage (when science says otherwise!) BECAUSE SLOWLY BEING CRUSHED TO FUCKING DEATH isn’t painful. Right. Clearly, denying the woman an abortion to stop the fetus from suffering a painful death (even though science says the fetus can’t feel pain at this stage) is in the best interest of the fetus.
REBLOGGING FOR GLORIOUS COMMENTARY
Iowa Woman Jailed For Thinking About Abortion -
Submitted by ironchefbatali: “I wish that headline was from The Onion, but it’s not. Apparently the gallant defenders of fetuses everywhere have decided that policing thoughts is the next best way to
trample on women’s rightsprotect life.”
Our official logo! Go change your icons! All credit goes to Angi Becker Stevens…she’s a lifesaver.
And we’re working on other stuff for fliers, literature, etc—but it’s like I said in my earlier post: because we don’t have a website, these things are going to have to be distributed by YOU, the internet community. I can put things on Flickr, but we can’t rely solely on that for our images. Everything we present to you HAS to be spread on Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook.
By insisting that any facility that performs 5 or more first trimester abortions a month be subject to the same structural requirements of hospitals.
17 clinics in one, fucking. day. 17 clinics. All part of the Targeted Regulation of Abortion Providers (T.R.A.P.) plan, to make abortions so impossible to get that they are de facto illegal for all but the richest Americans.
They were closed for not being up to hospitol standards. Women should at least be safe. I guess some pro-choice people don’t even care as long a baby dies.
Abortion is an outpatient procedure. So requiring a clinic have as many parking spaces as it has beds is not concern for the safety of women, it as attempt to make abortion impossible for a greater number of people, who can not surmount the cost to travel hundreds of miles during a recession with gas prices creeping ever higher and whose only options have just become committing a desperate act or giving birth to a child at the zenith of “austerity” measures meant to starve out the poor, kill the undesirables, and make sure no one is driving around in a second-hand yacht, because HONESTLY? REALLY? They really care more about the robustness of yacht sales and whether rich people are writing fat checks than they do about all of the people they’ve just scalded with their callous politicking.
That is what is important to me. PEOPLE. Not imaginary magic rainbow babies, not personal self-righteousness, PEOPLE. IF you’ve organized your life in any other fashion, congratulations, your soul is 99% shit.
Garland for President of the internet
Fucking fuck. How is Virginia ALWAYS so disgusting.
I’m walking for the people in Virginia.